Monday, February 26, 2007

Intro & Chapter 1

Copyright Dawn King 2007 All Rights Reserved

Introduction


I learned I was pregnant with my first child in 1993 while in the emergency room for a dislocated shoulder. When the doctor asked about doing an x-ray, I told them I might be pregnant, even though my obstetrician had told me I would have difficulty conceiving. When the pregnancy test came back positive, my husband, Chris turned white and started to wobble a bit. I call my first pregnancy the “what to expect” pregnancy because the only book I read was a popular one called What to Expect When You’re Expecting. It basically prepared me to go along with whatever my doctor wanted and not question the standard procedures. The childbirth class at the hospital was not much help either. It prepared my husband and me to be good patients and not question the doctor. I realize now that I had more trust in doctors than I did in God. I was unprepared for labor and delivery spiritually, physically and emotionally. My fear of labor was so intense, I asked my doctor to just schedule a cesarean. Thankfully she didn’t. Today an obstetrician might!

I was so full of drugs, I don’t recall most of my labor and was totally out of control. I had an epidural at some point, fell asleep, and woke up pushing. Ariella arrived face up, looking at me with her dark eyes as she slid from my body. I felt cheated. I was barely conscious when she was born. Where was the joy? I was so relieved the ordeal was over I had no room left for joy.

I was more educated for Shane’s birth. This time we had a doula, a woman trained to assist the couple during labor. She had several tricks and techniques to help me get through labor. I did great until the very end when I asked for a small dose of pain medication. Within fifteen minutes of taking that medication, I was pushing. I really could have done without it. Unfortunately, during the delivery, the doctor refused to honor the birth plan we agreed upon and gave me medication I did not consent to. In fact, I yelled at her not to give it to me, that it was unnecessary, but she ignored me and did it anyway. That experience caused me to distrust obstetricians.

We attempted to do an at-home unassisted birth for my third child. After three long days of painful labor my husband finally brought me to the hospital. Cedrick came into the world ruddy and squalling. I was more prepared physically and spiritually for this birth, but I still hadn’t learned how to reach out to the Lord to get through labor.

When I became pregnant with my fourth child, I found a wonderful certified nurse-midwife (CNM) after much searching. Over the next few years, we built a relationship of trust and even friendship. We call Nate and Esther’s births “home births at the hospital” because we closed the door to our room and told the nurses we would call them if we needed them. I was triumphant after Nate’s natural birth. On a “birth high,” I felt ready to climb a mountain. I had finally done it without drugs! And in the process I had learned to focus on Jesus during those tough contractions. Esther’s birth was just as exhilarating, and the Lord came through for me again.

With my youngest child, Izabelle, my midwife merged her practice with another CNM who had a birth center at her office. This was the best one yet! I finally learned how to reach out to the Lord and focus on Him during my labor. Amazingly labor wasn’t painful until the last half hour.

I tell you my birthing journey not because I want to demonize pain medication in labor (I believe there are times when it is beneficial) or obstetricians (there are great ones out there), but to show you where I’ve come from and the experience I’m writing out of. This book contains some of the wisdom I’ve gained through bearing six children. It’s the kind of book I wish I had available to read during my first pregnancy. If this is your first child, I hope you’ll begin labor much more prepared than I was. If this is not your first child, I believe this book is still a valuable tool you can use in decision-making and preparing yourself for another child. Whatever your situation, you can grow closer to God and trust Him during every stage of pregnancy and delivery.

For me, bringing God into my pregnancy has meant moving towards a more natural model of birth, one that trusts the process He created. Your experience may not be the same. The most important thing I want you to get out of this book is that you can trust God with your pregnancy, labor, delivery, and child no matter the outcome—whether you have the ideal birth; a delivery full of complications; or the worst case and a rare scenario, the loss of a baby. I can tell you from experience that He will be with you every step of the way and that you can trust Him.

I believe the devil has surrounded childbearing with deception and negativity. Think about it. How many positive birth stories do you hear? Do you hear many women saying how they love being pregnant? I haven’t. It breaks my heart to see so many Christian women are in bondage to fear of pregnancy and childbirth or dwelling on the discomforts instead of the blessings. Although the birthing environment is better today than it was even five years ago, having a baby seems like such a complicated and technical process. We’ve come so far from the way the Lord created it to be. Birth is supposed to be a time of hard work and joy. The “normal” way to birth is still full of technology, fear, sterile hospitals, and doctors that show up at the last minute to catch the baby. I’d like to show you that, in most cases, your baby’s birth could be a calm, peaceful event. No matter what, it can be an event which deepens your walk with the Lord.

Satan has a special hatred of women going all the way back to Eden (Gen. 3:15). His attacks against women take many forms: physical and sexual abuse, abortion, and bad birth experiences. It is well known that physical abuse, sexual abuse, and abortion have all sorts of negative emotional side effects. What you may not know is that unpleasant birth experiences also have a profound effect on a woman’s emotions after birth.[i]

That’s the bad news. The good news is that it was through the seed of a woman, Mary, a virgin, that Jesus was born. Satan and his army were defeated when Jesus rose from the dead (Col. 2:15). We too share in this victory over the enemy (2 Cor. 2:15). We can walk in this victory when we know our identity in Christ and how to apply this truth to our circumstances.

Praise God that our Lord is Truth. He says, “You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free” (John 8:32)[ii]. Knowing the truth about what the Bible says about children; childbirth; and the roles of husbands, wives, mothers, and fathers will build our faith and give us peace to walk in our position as heirs of God and joint-heirs with Christ. Knowing the truths about common medical tests and interventions discovered through medical studies can help us make informed decisions. Knowing the truth about the process of labor and delivery gives us an idea of what is “normal,” helps us cope with labor, and eliminates the fear of the unknown.

The Bible tells us that God’s people “are destroyed for lack of knowledge” (Hos. 4:6). This book will give you knowledge so that you can discern what is right for you and your family. Many women have no options because they don’t know that they have options.

It is my prayer that this book will help you:

  • Grow closer to God and Jesus. Pregnancy can be a time of intense spiritual growth for expectant parents. The Lord often uses the nine months before a baby’s birth to clean out their spiritual houses and make them more like Him.
  • Learn to seek God regarding the many decisions you will need to make in the next few months. Many times we just “go with the flow” doing what our society expects without inviting God into the process. God is interested in how you birth, where you birth, and what type of experience you have. He wants to be invited in on the decision-making process. He wants to help the expectant mom cope with labor. Who better to have as a guide through this maze than the God who made you and your baby, knows the future, and sees the big picture?
  • Encourage you to have a godly vision for this pregnancy and birth: Dare to have a vision for your birth—not just for a healthy mother and baby (although this certainly is a priority!)—But also have a vision for what God wants to accomplish in your lives as a result of this pregnancy and birth. Proverbs 29:18 tells us “where there is no vision, the people perish …” The word “perish,” translated from para, means letting something slip through your fingers by missing an opportunity.[iii] Pregnancy, birth, and parenting are opportunities to learn more about God, grow in faith, and get closer to Him. Don’t let this opportunity slip through your fingers.
  • Understand the birth process and learn to trust it as a God-created natural function. God has specially designed a woman’s body to give birth. Since birth was instituted before the Fall, it was created perfect. Because of sin, we do have the risk of complications just like we have the risk of falling ill, but these complications should be few and far between. The natural process of childbirth, when allowed to proceed without intervention, will usually work fine.
  • Know the latest research about the most common interventions so you can make informed decisions. Educated people make educated decisions. Unfortunately the term “informed consent” in many hospitals means providing enough information needed for the patient to permit the procedure. Many care providers practice according to tradition, not according to what studies say really works.
  • Value breastfeeding as God’s design for feeding the new baby. Breast milk is wonderfully created by God to provide all nutrients a baby needs for its first six months of life. Breastfeeding also has numerous benefits for both mother and child. Formula companies would have you believe that their artificial milk is equal in quality to breast milk. This is not true.
  • Grasp that women of God can have births that give God glory: Today there is rarely clear distinction of how the women of God birth and how the women of the world birth. We are supposed to be “a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light” (1 Pet. 2:9). We can give birth in such a way that we bring glory to God, no matter the outcome.

I hope you think of me as an older friend, a mentor, someone who has gone before, coming alongside you to guide you in your journey to parenthood. Consider this book a Christian childbirth education series to help you prepare for this exciting time in your life.

Father God, I lift up my readers to You. I pray that they would hear only Your words in this book. Where there is only my opinion and bias, please let them be deaf to it. I pray that through this book they would fall more in love with You each day and that You use pregnancy, labor, delivery, and parenting to make my readers more like You. In Jesus’ mighty Name. Amen.


Chapter 1 Does God Care that I am Pregnant?

For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed, and in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them. Psalm 139:13-16

Sometimes I am amazed when I look at my children. They are such unique individuals. Although they all came from the same “recipe” and some even look alike, they all have completely different personalities. I am in wonder at God’s creation and that He used my body to bring these eternal beings into the world. I am amazed that God would give me these precious gifts, that He trusts me to teach them His ways, and believes I will keep them safe in this sinful world. What a responsibility He has given me!

Where do children come from? This seems like such a simple question. We are taught the biology of how conception occurs in school. A man and woman come together; the sperm combines with the woman’s egg and PRESTO! We have a new human. This is what science tells us, but is it really that simple?

Some would say that conception is by chance, a mere biological function; God set the process in motion but is no longer involved. The Bible says that conception occurs by the direct hand of God. No child is an “accident” to God. He alone is the giver and taker of life (Gen. 20:17, 18; 30:1, 2; Ruth 4:13; Isa. 8:18).

David knew this when he penned Psalm 139. Each child is God’s own special creation, a unique work of art. Yes, we know how the biology works, but that is only half of it. Only God can create a living, eternal soul. Having a child is a partnership between God and man. God uses seeds from both a man and a woman to conceive the baby; He uses a woman’s body to grow the seeds into a person, then the parents partner with God to train this child “in the way he should go” (Prov. 22:6). How amazing!

The Lord told Jeremiah, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations” (Jer. 1:5). God knew Jeremiah and planned out his destiny even before he was born! God didn’t just do that for Jeremiah, He also has an awesome plan for your child too. You can trust God to fulfill His vision for your child.


How does God feel about children?

“Then little children were brought to Him that He might put His hands on them and pray, but the disciples rebuked them. But Jesus said, ‘Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.’ And He laid His hands on them and departed from there.” Matthew 19:13-15

One day, while complaining to God, I said, “Lord I’ll never be able to fulfill my dreams if I don’t stop having children! Can I stop now?”

I’ll never forget the answer I heard from the Lord. “What if your dreams never happen? What if My will is for you to have children for Me? What if I want you to spend your life bringing eternal souls into the world and raising them to follow Me? Will you accept that plan for your life? Will you lay down your aspirations for Me?”

Weeping I said, “Yes, Lord. I will do anything for you.” I realized that day that God places a higher value on our children than He does on our dreams.

God loves children. He talked about them in His first commandment to Adam and Eve. “Be fruitful and multiply …” (Gen. 1:28). This command is repeated over and over in the Old Testament.

Jesus welcomed children even though the disciples thought He was too busy for them. He even rebuked His disciples when they tried to stop parents from bringing their children to Him. Showing the high value God places on children, Jesus took time out of His short three-year ministry to lay hands on and pray for those brought to Him (Matt. 19:13-15).

God considers children a blessing. In the Bible, when the Lord discusses how He will bless those who obey Him, He frequently mentions the fruit of the womb (Deut. 28:4; Gen. 24:17).

Jesus said, “Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.” (Matt. 18:5). The Greek word for receive in this passage is dechomai which means to “accept a gift deliberately and readily; to receive heartily; reaching out eagerly to receive something; looking for; waiting with earnest expectation.”[iv] We are to receive the gift of a child joyfully, thanking and praising God for the gift He is giving us.

Why Does God Give Us Children?

To fill the earth

Genesis 1:28

To produce godly seed

Malachi 2:14,15

To give us joy and gladness

Luke 1:13, 14; Proverbs 23:24, 25

To exalt and honor us

1 Chronicles 25:5

For the service of God

1 Chronicles 25:6; Amos 2:11; Galatians 1:15, 16

As a gift to the nations

Jeremiah 1:5

To defend us, help us, and protect us

1 Chronicles 25:5, 6; Psalm 127:4, 5

To take care of us as we age

1 Timothy 5: 4; John 19:26, 27

As examples

Matthew 18:3, 4

To teach us about ourselves and our relationship with God

Matthew 6:9

In answer to prayer

1 Samuel 1; Luke 1

To keep His promises

Deuteronomy 7:12-14; Psalm 128:1, 3, 4

For God Himself

Ezekiel 16:20


What Does God Call Our Children?

Blessings

Genesis 49:25

A heritage of the Lord

Psalm 127:3

The fruit of the womb

Deuteronomy 7:13

Rewards

Psalm 127:3

Arrows

Psalm 127:4

Olive plants

Psalm 128:3, 4

Plants grown up

Psalm 144:12

Pillars

Psalm 144:12

Signs and wonders

Isaiah 8:18

The work of His hands

Isaiah 29:23

A nation’s glory

Hosea 9:11

Crowns

Proverbs 17:6


Promises for Children of the Righteous

They are blessed

Proverbs 20:7

God will pour His Spirit on them

Isaiah 44:3,4

They will possess the gates of their enemies

Genesis 22:17

They will be taught by the Lord

Isaiah 54:13

They will have peace

Isaiah 54:13

They will not labor in vain

Isaiah 65:23

They will not have to beg

Psalm 37:25

God will take care of them

Psalm 27:10

They have the benefits of our covenant relationship with the Lord

Genesis 17:7

They are set apart for God

I Corinthians 7:14

They will have salvation and the baptism of the Holy Spirit

Acts 2:38, 39

The Role and Responsibility of Parents

"But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea.” Mark 9:42

Our most important responsibility as parents is to lead our children to Jesus. If I raise Harvard valedictorians, highly successful business owners, or groundbreaking scientists, but my children do not know Christ, I will have failed.

Over the years I’ve learned that I cannot lead my children to the Lord if I am not making an effort to learn more about Jesus and His ways for myself. If I am not spending regular time reading the Bible, praying, and listening for His voice, I cannot pass on my faith to my children. My children need to see me passionate about Jesus, and then they will want to follow in that example. They also need to see me turning to Him when I don’t know what to do, when I suffer disappointment, and when things don’t go right. That modeling is more important than all the words I speak.

In fact, I need to be very careful what I model. My children pick up on the bad more often than the good. If I yell and swear when I am angry, guess what? So will my children. In fact, that makes me guilty of causing my child to stumble. I need to ask forgiveness from God and from my child. If I want to teach them God’s ways, I must walk in them myself.

Our Children Do Not Belong to Us

The one thing I do know is that my children are not really my children. They belong to God. He loves them more than we can and He knows the plans He has for them. After Mary’s purification was over, she and Joseph brought Jesus to the temple to dedicate His life to God (Matt. 2:22), acknowledging that he really belonged to God. When my children were babies, my husband and I publicly acknowledged this by going in front of our church and publicly giving our children back to God, dedicating their lives his service, and asking our church family to support us in raising our children to follow Jesus. Our pastors and their wives prayed over our family.

Several years ago, during the dedication of my friend’s daughter, one of the pastors spoke over the baby saying that she would go where the parents didn’t want her to go and do what the parents did not want her to do, but it would be God leading her. They decided then and there not to hold their daughter back, but allow her to follow the plans God had for her. Decide now that you will not stand in your child’s way of following God’s plan, even if you do not like it, understand it, or agree with it.

The verse, “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it” is oft repeated (Prov. 22:6). This not only means that we train our children in the way of the Lord, but we identify their inherent gifts and talents. We encourage them to pursue their gifts, using them to the fullest potential. We have to recognize that their personalities, learning styles, and aspirations may be completely different than ours. That’s O.K. God makes each person an individual. Sometimes I struggle with trying to fit my children into my mold; I’m slowly learning to let them follow the paths that God has made for them.

Teaching God’s Word to Your Children

Deuteronomy 6:5-7 tells us to teach God’s words diligently to our children, and talk about His Word during all aspects of life. We cannot depend on our church to teach our children about God and His word, we have that responsibility. I endeavor to use my family’s daily life to teach my children about God.

Second Timothy 3:16, 17 tells us that “all Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.” God instructs us to teach our children to walk in His ways in all areas of their lives: physically, mentally, and morally. To do this we use a variety of methods including encouragement, reproof, commands and correction from the Word of God. When my children lie, I tell them about the Ten Commandments. Using the Bible in the midst of life is the most effective way to lead your children to the Lord. In order for me to use the Word of God to train my children, I need to know and memorize it so I will have it ready.

The Importance of Fathers

“And you, fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord.” Ephesians 6:4

Studies have shown that children who do not have a strong positive influence from a father are more likely to drink, smoke, do drugs, have emotional or behavioral problems, and end up in prison. [v]

A father has four main roles: family provider, leader of the clan, protector, and spiritual leader. As the family provider, he works to provide food, clothing, shelter, and other financial needs. As the leader of the clan, he makes the decisions out of his deep love for God and his family. He doesn’t make decisions based on selfish whims. A father as protector makes sure his wife and children are protected spiritually, physically and emotionally. As the spiritual leader, he leads by example. He attends church with his family and teaches his children about his God.


A Word From My Husband:

“Behold, what manner of love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called children of God.” (1 John 3:1).

What kind of love will you bestow on your children? The kind that would make them proud to say, “That’s my dad!” Because we have the Father’s love as an example, the love we pour out on our children should be unknown to the world because it is inspired not merely by natural love, but by God’s love. We can use God the Father’s dealings with us as a model on how to deal with our children. After all, we represent Him to our children. He is never harsh, but always gentle. But He does discipline us. Hebrews 12:11 says, “Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.“ We learn to correct our children so they will be righteous.

Proverbs tells us to “train up a child in the way he should go,”[vi] not raise them. If you want to raise something, get chickens. Training requires time and repetition so that the principle becomes an automatic behavior. It’s the same way the military trains its troops by practicing maneuvers over and over so they become automatic. In the middle of a battle, a soldier can have a clear head and know what to do because he’s practiced it repeatedly. We train our children how to respond to life situations in a godly manner so that when they are out in the world, their under pressure response is automatic. We do this by example and using the Word of God as a tool to correct, train, and encourage.

It is well known that children watch our behavior and pick up our characteristics, good or bad. There is nothing worse than having your child act inappropriately and when you begin to correct him, he tells you, “I learned it from you!” Especially when you know he is right.

As a father, I should set aside my childish behaviors (1 Cor. 13:11) and act like a man. This means my wife and children come first. I have to set aside what my flesh wants to take care of my family. They get first dibs on food, clothing and even shelter. Many times my children have nicer clothes than I do. If your children’s needs are not met, this is a reflection of you as a father because you are the head of the household.

So can you correct all your behavior before your children are born? No. All you can do is pray and stay close to the Lord. Stay in the Word because it has wonderful guidelines for being a father. Chris King

The Importance of Mothers

“When I call to remembrance the genuine faith that is in you, which dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am persuaded is in you also.” 1 Timothy 1:5

Today motherhood is often put down. It’s not enough to “only be a mother.” You need to have a career, too. God has a different idea about motherhood. God honors motherhood as an exalted position and a privilege.

If you ask who the most influential person in their life was, a good portion of people will answer without hesitation, “My mother!” Because she is usually the person who spends the most time with her children, she is the primary influence in her children’s lives. As she’s with them day in and day out, she passes on her wisdom, faith, and her bad habits. Yes, her bad habits. I constantly see my bad habits mirrored in my children and cringe. God uses the influence I have on my children to change me for the better.

Abraham Lincoln said, “All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother.” George Washington said this about his mother: “All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.”[vii]

A mother’s influence can change the course of nations. Jochobed passed on the ways of God to her three children: Moses, Aaron and Miriam (Mic. 6:4). And just think, she only had Moses until he weaned, probably around the age of five! God used Moses to deliver the Israelites from bondage in Egypt and give them the Law. Mrs. Washington, Mrs. Lincoln and Jochobed all changed the course of their nation!

Lois and Eunice, Timothy’s mother and grandmother passed on their faith in spite of the fact that Timothy had an unbelieving father (2 Tim 1:5).

A simple God-fearing woman, Susanna Wesley (1669-1742) bore 19 children in 21 years (9 died before two years of age) while living in extreme poverty much of the time. She homeschooled her large family for six hours each day along with her regular household tasks. Although Susanna gave them a rigorous education, she was more concerned about her children’s spiritual education. Her efforts paid off. John Wesley initiated a nationwide revival in England that changed the course of that country. Charles Wesley wrote over 9,000 hymns, some still sung today.

All of these mothers were faithful to raise their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord, thus impacting generations to come.

As mothers, we are to diligently teach and train our children in God’s law so they will be able to avoid temptation (Prov. 6:20-24). This is more than just taking care of their basic needs. We need to be involved in their lives. The Bible warns, “A child left to himself brings shame to his mother.” (Prov. 29:15).

Paul, in Titus 2:5 tells women “to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.” The word “homemakers” is the Greek word oikouros and means the watcher or keeper of the home[viii]. Mothers watch out for their family by persistently praying and God rewards them (Matt. 15:22-28).

Another way mothers watch out for their home is by using their gift of discernment. The world calls this “mother’s intuition,” but it is really a gift from God. As you mother your children, you will find that you will discern various dangers and spiritual forces that many come against your family. As the watcher of the home, it is your job to notify your husband of these things and pray.

A mother is a wise woman who builds her house using God’s wisdom (Prov. 14:1; 24:3). The only way to get supernatural wisdom in how to raise your children is to ask God. He promises us that He will give it “liberally and without reproach” (James 1:5).

I know that I fail all too often in my mothering. In fact, if I look too much at my failures and myself, I will end up overwhelmed, discouraged, and in despair. Instead, I do my best to keep my focus on Jesus. When I keep an attitude of prayer and praise, I do a much better job than if I’m grumbling, whining, or thinking about my many faults.

Some days when my husband walks in the door after work, I look at him and say, “I’m leaving,” and walk out. After spending a few hours driving around and praying, I’ve gotten my perspective back. But when I get home, I notice my husband is yelling at the kids and in a rotten mood, the same one I had earlier.

I’ve noticed that my attitude determines the atmosphere in my home. It’s infectious. If I am grumpy and discouraged, everyone else will be too. When I am in a good mood, the whole family seems to get along better and the day runs smoother. Because my children and husband pick up my bad attitude, I find it important for me to choose to have a good attitude.

The Christian family

“Here I am and the children whom the LORD has given me! We are for signs and wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, who dwells in Mount Zion.” Isaiah 8:18

The Hebrew word for “signs” is oth, a distinguishing mark given to help people believe what the Lord has prophesied or promised.[ix] Mopheth is the Hebrew word for “wonders.” It means a spectacular demonstration or object lesson or a special display of God’s power.[x]

Christian families are to be signs and wonders to the world today. Our children are a distinguishing mark given to us to help the unsaved believe in Jesus. Did you know that according to Scripture, the family unit is an object lesson pointing to Jesus? The husband and wife’s relationship reflects the relationship between Christ and His church and the parent/child relationship reflects the relationship between Father God and His children by adoption. Through our family’s “spectacular demonstration” we can show that God’s Word is true and lead others to Jesus.



[i] Sheila Kitzinger, http://www.sheilakitzinger.com/badbirthhaunts.htm

[ii] All Scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the New King James Version. Copyright Ó 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Use by permission. All rights reserved.

[iii] Spiros Zodhiates, The Complete Word Study Old Testament, (Chattanooga, TN: AMG Publishers, 1994), 2356.

[iv] Spiros Zodhiates, The Complete Word Study New Testament, (Chattanooga, TN: AMG Publishers, 1992), 901.

[v] From “Stay Close to Your Child: Fathers and their Child’s Behavior,” www.focusonyourchild.com/develop/art1/A0000672.html.

[vi] Proverbs 22:6

[vii] http://quotations.about.com/cs/specialdays/a/famous_mother.htm

[viii] http://www.blueletterbible.org/tmp_dir/words/3/1098406035-8730.html

[ix] Spiros Zodhiates, The Complete Word Study Old Testament, (Chattanooga, TN: AMG Publishers, 1994), 2299.

[x] Spiros Zodhiates, The Complete Word Study Old Testament, (Chattanooga, TN: AMG Publishers, 1994), 2330.

No comments: